Sellers Checklist - Download a list to help you prepare for an inspection when you sell your home!
At SureWorx Inspection Services Inc. we give you the option of a standard pre-listing home inspection which you can upgrade to a Move-In CertifiedTM inspection.
A standard pre-listing home inspection is often used by the seller to find out the true condition of their home prior to a buyer’s inspector looking at it. The purpose is to identify any major defects in the systems of the home that may cause extensive re-negotiations or even sink the deal. This will give you, the seller, time to evaluate the issues and either correct them or price the home accordingly.
Here are some of the advantages to a pre-listing home inspection.
- Provides an unbiased, third-party, professional opinion to potential buyers.
- The inspection and the inspection report:
- gives the seller time to make repairs and shop for competitively priced contractors.
- permits the seller to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
- makes the home show better after problems are addressed, and
- removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from the negotiation table.
- The inspection report can also help the seller substantiate a higher asking price if problems don't exist or have been corrected.
- The report may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency, so the deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer's inspection reveals unexpected problems at the last minute.
- Gives the inspector, if required, time to perform ancillary inspections such as radon testing, mould testing and more.
In addition to the standard pre-listing inspection, our Move-In Certified™ inspection is designed to allow you, as the seller, to certify that any major defects discovered in the home have been addressed and corrected with a re-inspection and to help you market your home to potential buyers.
See the chart and explanations below is to help you identify which pre-listing inspection package is right for you.
- Referral Rewards: If you refer another client to us and they complete a full inspection with us, you will receive a $25.00 Visa gift card from us. There is no limit!!
- Second Inspection Coupon: If we provide you with a full inspection you will receive a $110.00 coupon towards a second inspection. Possibly a pre-purchase inspection for the home you buy.
- Online Hosting: You are given a password to distribute your report to anyone at your discretion.
- Presentation Binder: Your report will be presented in a binder which will include a copy of your agreement, the InterNachi Standards of Practice for Home Inspections, and the InterNACHI Code of Ethics for Home Inspectors and more.
- Phone and Email Support: If you have a question about your inspection or your home, call us or email us. If we don’t have the answer right away, we will get it for you quickly!
- Move-In Certified™ Yard Sign: It’s the ultimate marketing tool. This sign will go right next to your “For Sale” sign, letting potential buyers know that your home is seller-certified to be free of major defects and ready to move in.